Quality. Integrity. Expertise.
SEMC Pathology is an Anatomical Pathology and Cytology laboratory located in Highland, Illinois.
- Currently serving six southern Illinois hospitals.
- Providing full anatomic pathology services for a number of Clinics and Doctors Offices in central & southern Illinois.
- Two Physicians on staff: Pamella S. Gronemeyer, M.D.and Aiman Hawasli, M.D
- The ThinPrep® Imaging System utilized for gynecologic cytologies.
- Perform Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing (Chlamydiae, Neisseria gonorrheae, and HR-HPV with reflex to HPV 16 and 18) all on ThinPrep vials
- Active Quality Assurance program with excellent correlations between pap smears and subsequent biopsies.
- Serve as College of American Pathologist laboratory inspector & sponsors teams for participating hospitals.